When the clock strikes 12 on New Year's Eve, where will you be? Hopefully hosting the most elegant party your guests can remember, sipping champagne and sharing a kiss with that special someone. Of course, New Year's Eve parties are infamous for failing to live up to expectations, so how can you make sure yours exceeds them? Here are some tips:
- Choose a color scheme: For a sophisticated affair, try choosing a two-hue color palette. Black and white, gold and white or chocolate brown and bronze are all elegant options.
- Hire a party planner: If you're planning to throw a large-scale bash, it might be worth hiring a party planner to help keep track of all of the details and minimize stress. On the big night itself, all you'll have to focus on is having a good time!
- Play the right music: The music sets the tone for the entire night, so choose your soundtrack with care. Classics like Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Tony Bennett are perfect for an elegant, timeless fete.
- Send appropriate invitations: The invitation speaks volumes about the event in question, so make sure that yours is as sophisticated as the party itself will be. Use only fine cotton paper, such as Reich Paper's popular Savoy line in white or grey. For a festive shimmer, try our Shine series in Champagne or Gold.
- Serve bite-sized sustenance: If guests are going to be milling about, chatting and dancing, then serve bite-sized foot that is easy to eat while standing.
- Set the table: A centerpiece of fresh flowers and candles always looks sophisticated, while a dusting of gold confetti adds holiday sparkle.
Whatever your plans are on December 31, we at Reich Paper wish you a happy New Year!